- 3-4 Large Zucchini Grated
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Dice Green Onion or Yellow Onion (I usually mix both onions together)
- 1/4 Cup of Corn Starch, Flour or Coconut Flour
- Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- Cheese of Your Choice
- Ham/ Turkey (optional)
- Grate Zucchini using a normal cheese grater
- Squeeze out excess moisture from zucchini with clean kitchen towel or pat dry with paper towels
- Combine grated zucchini with egg, parmesan cheese, onions, corn starch/ flour and pepper for taste.
- On medium heat, pour/ spray a coat of vegetable oil so that it covers the entire bottom of pan. Allow for oil & pan to heat up for 2 minutes.
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of zucchini mixture & shape into a square using a spatula. You should be able to fit 2 "squares" in the pan at a time.
- Cook until one side is golden and firm (5-8 minutes) then flip and cook until other side is golden & firm (another 4-7 minutes). This part can be tricky--don't flip the square too soon because then it will fall apart (like it did on my first try). The first batch you make will take a little longer since the pan is still heating up. Allow it to fully cook--it won't burn.
- Place cheese (and meat) on both squares while still in pan and then, using spatula, flip one square on top of the other to form sandwich.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!!
- 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2-3 tablespoons of minced garlic
- Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 5 large basil leaves OR 1/4 cup basil paste
- 2 28oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth OR vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Place olive oil in large pot and turn to medium/high heat
- Add diced onion & minced garlic to pot and let sit for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Place contents of pot into blender and add diced tomatoes, pepper, basil and broth. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer contents back to pot and cook on medium/high heat for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Greek yogurt